posted 04 Mar 2019
PALACE STUDIO PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT
Working hours are flexible to suit your lifestyle with the opportunity to work during shows
Rubicon Leisure is offering an opportunity for someone to work alongside our Palace Studio Programmer, Dave Wilkins (aka ‘Big Dave’), to learn the role. This is a Voluntary Role but gives the opportunity of joining the very successful Palace Theatre Family, making a valuable contribution to its continuing growth and success. Over the past 7 years, Dave has developed the old Room Upstairs into a fully functioning 70 seater Palace Studio which now hosts a variety of performances and hires on a weekly basis throughout the year.
The Role of Programmer involves:
- Contacting potential Acts and Hirers and promoting the hire of the Palace Theatre studio
- Meeting where required potential users of the space to promote facilities.
- Assisting in maintaining an overview of the Studio to ensure it is kept in good order.
- Updating management systems and staff scheduling systems accordingly with acts booked and all relevant information so the team can ensure continuity of service.
- Liaising with Technical staff as required
- Continue with innovation and development in order to grow the potential of the Studio space.
The ideal Candidate will have the following:
- Basic IT skills
- Be an excellent team player and possess excellent communication skills, and have the ability to organise and prioritise workloads
- Be commercial focused and be aware of how to sell and promote the Palace Theatre.
- Working hours are flexible to suit your lifestyle with the opportunity to work during shows
- Ability to work off own initiative working within the given brief for the operation of the studio
- Background or knowledge of Theatre – But not essential as we will teach you.
- Awareness of safe working practices and health and safety policies and procedures relevant to the Theatre Industry – Again not essential as we will teach you.
If you are interested in learning more about this exciting opportunity, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a date and time to meet up.
To read the job description and specification please click this link to read more: http://www.redditchpalacetheatre.co.uk/media/3962/jdps-palace-studio-programming-assistant.pdf